[Amps] Heath SB220 Zener Replacement

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Heath SB220 Zener Replacement
From: Jay Musikar <af2c@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:25:37 -0800 (PST)
I am currently restoring a SB220 and the 1N3996 Zener
(ZD1)has been physically removed from the amp.

It is apparent that the previous owner was not neatest
individual in the world, so I have my work cut out for
me.

It is my understanding that this Zener can either be
replaced with another one or with a series of silicon
diodes in lieu of a another 1N3996.

1.  What is the configuration of the silicon diode
substitution?  As I recall it was done by substituting
five (5) diodes in series in place of the Zener.

2.  Do any of you have a schematic for the mod...If so
please scan it and send it via email to:

af2c@arrl.net

Thanks in advance es 73,

Jay/AF2C