Re: [Amps] FET EER CLASS E

To: vk4ti@sampson.net.au, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FET EER CLASS E
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:00:14 GMT
Hi Trent,
  Most of the designs you'll encounter on the net are for AM rigs.

  If you're looking for a standalone linear you'll likely won't find
one.

  There was the SGC Mini-Lini... but, it is appears to be in limbo
due to "connector" issues.  :-)

  If you carefully consider the required group delay matching between
the RF & AF signal paths it rapidly becomes apparent, for many
reasons, that it is easier to implement an entire transmitter than to
make a standalone EER Class E (or C, or D) linear.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

-- "Trent and Lorraine" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au> wrote:
Greetings

Could anyone on the list point me to designs for EER Class E FET
amps  for
amateur radio use ? I am interested in building a desktop KW utilising
common switching devices from the local electronics shop. I would
like to
build a KW desktop FET 1.8~30 Mhz Amp I see  references to many
designs but
a lot seem to be propriety design sites that cant be downloaded

Trent

Trent Sampson

[PO Box 1647 Toowoomba Qld 4350]  VK4TI