Re: [Amps] pi filter QBL 5/3500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] pi filter QBL 5/3500
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 20:38:10 +0100
Hi Bob,

His output impedance will be slightly above 3 kohms.
So 300pf are plenty on 80m, also on 160m when his Q is not higher then 10 it
will be fine as strays add to it.
But with high impedance a higher Q will be needed for sufficient harmonic
supression, so 500pf is the better choice.
A padder of 500pf for 160m loading should be sufficient for proper loading
from 25-150 ohms.

73
Peter