Re: [Amps] "Booster help"

To: StephenTetorka@cs.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] "Booster help"
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:36:05 -0500
     An easy to step the power up to a useable amount would be to build a
very simple grounded grid amplifier. Oddly enough a grounded grid 6AG7 with
500 to 600 volts on the plate would give you a power gain of 15 to 20. No
bias required or neutralization. That would get you easily to 8 or 10 watts.
I used to run 4 in parallel with 1100 volts on the plates. Would not
recommend it today. No splatter complaints but those days bands were less
crowded and were shared with a lot of AM stations as well.

73
Bill wa4lav