Re: [Amps] Prmetheus

To: "Robert Meuser" <Robertm@broadcast.net>,"k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Prmetheus
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:12:43 -0500

On CW, key down is PEP. On CW, carrier=keydown=PEP

On SSB voice, PEP and average power have no fixed
relationship at all. In a solid state amp PEP SSB power it
often is limited by linearity. SSB PEP is often actually
less than CW or other modes where linearity isn't an issue.
Unless of course the power supply or heatsink is the issue
limiting CW power.

"Key down" is a pretty bad phrase to use anyway. Better to
say what we actually are describing, like "CW",  "carrier",
"RTTY" or "SSB voice", or whatever.

73 Tom