Re: [Amps] toroid L section...

To: "Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] toroid L section...
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:49:12 -0600
Asked,

"Hello! I'm building my own h.m. PA with GU-84B tube. The output tank
will be a Pi-L network. I just got few T225-2B toroids (I Powder,
2.25" O.D. x 1.0" Height) for my L-coil. I wonder what is the maximum
power rating for each core? If two in stack will be enough or do I
need 3 in stack? I expect to have 3000V plate voltage and 1.5A plate
current on peak."

Regards, Mike RL3BM

Hi Mike,

One such powdered iron toroid core will handle 1500 watts in this
application. Two will give you overkill and great peace of mind.

73,    Roy     K6XK     Iowa