Re: [Amps] FW: Re: current ratings

To: <tjjapha@earthlink.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: Re: current ratings
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:23:43 -0600
Now there's what I was talking about Tony,

I love it when they can give you some solid answers.  As usual the 1000V
caps have greater current capability due to their size.

NOTE: I also want to state that when changed to plain text the temps came
out 150C and 850C which I'm sure are 15 degrees C rise and 85 degrees C
ambient.  If you were seeing the components rise 150 degrees C the solder
would be melting holding them in and they'd be drifting all over the place
in value.

While they didn't give you every value in their catalog you can see small
values have low current ability and large ones great.  You can interpolate
the current ability for any values in between.

There is no shame in having 4 caps in parallel in a section of a filter to
get the correct capacitance and current carrying ability.  Just remember the
larger caps carry that percentage larger current.

It is better to have 4 of the same value than two small caps and two larger
caps to share the RF current evenly.

Sincerely,

BOB DD