Re: [Amps] 3-500 sockets

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500 sockets
From: "W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:25:18 -0800
Sure. Just swap them out with a grid pin. Or better to replace the pin or
socket. If you do attempt to drill out the rivets holding the pin, be VERY
careful! You can break the socket. I know, I did this trying to do exactly
the same thing.

The Johnson style sockets are very plentiful so see if you can find a used
one. There is an individual on this list that sells used ones all the time.

73
Jim W7RY