Re: [Amps] QST

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QST
From: Scott Townley <nx7u@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:20:26 -0500
I have a complete collection of EIMAC application notes.  Unfortunately the QST
author doesn't specifically reference any one of them.
However, FWIW I recognize what the author is referring to...the "grid strapped
to ground" on the 3-500Z is how all the schematics of cathode-driven 3-500Z
amps in the application notes (and the tube data sheet) are drawn.  I don't
recall ever seeing resistor or R-C circuits between grid and ground *from
Eimac*, but I could be mistaken.  I'll need to browse through them tonight to
verify that.
Second, the parallel L-C input network is frequently shown in the EIMAC notes.
But only in conditions where the cathode input impedance is close to 50 ohms
(like 2x 3-500z or a single 3-1000z).

--
Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di