Re: [Amps] QST Jan 06 (Off topic)

To: "'Steve Katz'" <stevek@jmr.com>, "'Doug'" <dcoffman@iquest.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QST Jan 06 (Off topic)
From: "Bert Almemo" <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:05:58 -0500
Hi guys,

Not commenting on the content of the ARRL publications as I think it's very
subjective - depends on the skill level of the reader. The most important
task for ARRL is to defend the privilige we have today. i.e. to transmit on
the frequency bands allocated for ham radio use. Make no mistake about it -
it's a privilige. Don't for a second think that ham radio is a right. A
political decision and a penstroke can end it all.

Also, remember that most people involved and working for ARRL are volunteers
with no or very small financial benefits. Ask yourself this question "what
have I done for ARRL lately"? It's easy to critisize and complain but what
are you willing to contribute to ARRL and it's members? Maybe we should be a
little more constructive commenting on how ARRL is run.

Thanks for reading. Only my 2 cents!

73 Bert, VE3OBU