Re: [Amps] What am I missing?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] What am I missing?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 06:05:50 +0000
Phil Clements wrote:

>The QST article was supposedly inspired by two Eimac bulletins; one for
>strapping the grids to chassis, and one for using the L/C networks
>instead of a pi for 3-500Z amp design. I wish someone could dig up
>these bulletins.

There are a few Eimac Application Bulletins on the web, at:
http://www.cpii.com/eimac/eiapps.htm along with other useful information
and a limited FAQ.

     *  AB5 - Eimac Tube Performance Computer
     * AB16 - Water Purity Requirements in Liquid Cooling Systems
     * AB17 - Fault Protection
     * AB18 - Extending Transmitter Tube Life
     * AB21 - Conditioning of Large Radio-Frequency Power Tubes
     * AB24 - Prolonging IOT Life - Optimizing IOT Operation
     * AB25 - 3CPX800A7 Recommended for FM Broadcast
     * AB27 - Shipping and Handling
     * AB28 - Hi-Pot Testing of High Power Tubes

AB17 is the much-debated one about "glitch protection", but the list
doesn't include the ones about the 3x0.5.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek