[Amps] BAMA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] BAMA
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:50:44 -0800
How to get BAMA to  "work"  using IE ...
Go to:
http://bama.sbc.edu/
Choose your manufacture ... by  LEFT  click
Select the model you wish by  RIGHT  click ..
Opt for   OPEN IN NEW FOLDER   ..
choose the file you wish (nowadays usually PDF, older files can be djvu) by
RIGHT  click ...
Then,    SAVE TO FOLDER
Download to your desktop, or wherever ...   I usually put such on the
desktop until I decide if I really want it, and where to safely and
conveniently  store it ..
Other solutions work, but ......
        Another hint ... to close all the IE windows  you have open, simply
go to the  TASK BAR  .... down to the left of your clock on the bottom of
your screen .. and where the blue "e" symbol for Internet Exploder is,
RIGHT  click and choose   CLOSE GROUP ...  this is also quite handy when you
click on one of those sites that open multiple sessions, and the more you
close the more that open ...   just do the above to end the whole shebang.
TTFN .. off to football on the telly .. HF bands BAD.. few sigs around,
though...20M folks working DX I cannot hear..
73 Y'all-- from FAR Northern California

Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX@ARRL.NET

I think the BAMA main site has shifted servers, etc. This URL is working
<http://bama.sbc.edu/>

The mirror site is also a good bet.

73
Bob, WA2CKY