Re: [Amps] Alpha 99 problem

To: "'Roger D Johnson'" <n1rj@adelphia.net>,"'Amplifier Reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 99 problem
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:24:15 -0600
Dear thoughtful radio amateur,

Well yeah? Next time you try and clean out the Alpha 99 AMPLIFIER use a
vacuum and maybe some spray contact cleaner.

Using your Wife's dishwasher is currently not a certified cleaning method
approved by ALPHA POOP.  WARNING, ELECTROSOIL has been known to wash
markings off wires and lettering off tubes.

While testing we found the power cord whipping in the rotary thingy is
really annoying almost as bad as tennis shoes in the dryer. PLUS, the dry
cycle has a tendency to melt metering LEDS, and sometimes the knobs and
buttons.

We are however investigating several advanced cleaning methods to recommend
to loyal ALPHA POOP owners.  We will post approved cleaning methods on our
website.

Several of new our strategies will include the use of WASHING MACHINES,
QUARTER CAR WASHES and SWIMMING POOLS.  The HOT TUB method is looking very
promising.  It allows you to relax and recline WITH your ALPHA POOP
amplifier while it is gently agitated clean by 40 gyrating Jacuzzi Jets.

Until then please keep your amplifier out of the bathtub.

Sincerely,
THE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT @ ALPHA POOP