Re: [Amps] YC-257 VS 8877

To: rbonner@qro.com, w8ji@w8ji.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] YC-257 VS 8877
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:29:31 EST

In a message dated 1/18/2007 8:33:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rbonner@qro.com writes:

If you  get a good 3CPX it should work good - last long time.

BOB  DD

Bob, this is the information I obtaind BEFORE I offered the tubes for sale
for amatuer use.  I would NOT have bought them myself if they were not  usable
in ham radio amps.  I hope this disspells any concerns about using  this tube
in ham amps.  Ten Tec is now using 3CPX (800A7) tubes in place of  3CX (800A7)
in their amps, ruinning plate voltage higher (which is what the  design of
the "P" designation tubes was designed for) also I think Command Tech  uses the
"P" rated tube also.  One can run the plate voltage PRETTY high on  a
3CPX1500A7 which should require less drive and grid current for the same
output as an
8877.  5KV+ is no problem for a 3CPX1500A7.  73  Lou