Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7 VS 3CPX1500A7

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7 VS 3CPX1500A7
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:40:19 +0000

Robert B. Bonner wrote:
>>From what I understand the 3CPX1500 5.5v filament is a PULSE SPEC.  It is
> the same filament as in an 8877.  The guy emailing REID, as that one too...
There's a specific note in the 'CPX data sheet about heater voltage -
basically recommending operation at 5V unless peak current above 24A
(very short pulses) is needed. With 5.5V up to 50A peak is available for
the shortest pulses. At both voltages, the maximum current at 1sec or
longer is 1A. Longer tube life is given as a benefit of lower voltage.

Steve