Re: [Amps] power supply transformer

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] power supply transformer
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:15:39 +0000
Hi Tom,

It probably did seem a bit strange.  Basically, I need to make a power supply
capable of around 100v @ 30A.  It does not need to be regulated, but should be
well filtered as it will be in a solid state 1.5kw PA.   I have selected some
components, but it is all subject to change as I am having a tough time finding
a transformer at a reasonable price for the project.  I have even thought about
not using one!  I found these squar d electrical transformers, and thought that
they might work for what I wanted to do.

Paul.

From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>