Re: [Amps] B&W PT2500A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] B&W PT2500A
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:16:43 -0600
Paul, here's some comments from some owners - you should be aware that it
started as "Viewstar" and then B&W bought them out.  The B&W and the
Viewstar are absolutely the same.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/79

I have a friend with one (N6TR) and in his review on eham he calls it "a
great fixer upper" and says "This amplifier had a large number of problems"
but goes on to say, after detailing all the fixes he's had to do, "If you
can get one of these for a small price and don't mind doing some component
replacement, you will end up with a good amp. Mine has worked without any
... problems now for many years, but it isn't anything close to being a
stock amp."

I have used his amp and I agree with his final quote.

Mark, N5OT