[Amps] Amp Designs

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amp Designs
From: Garry <g.drummond@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:06:30 -0500
Good Morning,

Is there a list of improvements that the multitude of knowledgeable
experts on this reflector feel would benefit the older amps that use
3-500's such as the L-4B and other similar amps of that generation? I
know step-start is common place now and I have seen variations of bias
methods to lower idle tube current. Years ago, RF actuated electronic
bias circuits were popular but I don't see them today. I don't see Zener
diodes used in bias circuits either.

I've been off the air for 16 years and got back on about a year ago.

Thanks,
Gary