Re: [Amps] WATER for vapor cooled amplifier TSPA

To: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] WATER for vapor cooled amplifier TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:53:15 -0700
You could do a simple test with a megger or a
high pot tester and some plastic pipe, inject
some current and see, through a couple of
metallic fittings. But it won't be calibrated
against any standard. At work I use Foxboro or
Barnstead resistivity meters, that read from a
few K ohm-cm to 18 Meg ohm-cm. That is as high as
it gets with DI water, with few ions. The Rf
systems I am responsibile for typically need 3-5
Meg Ohm-cm water minimum to prevent significant
leakage in the hoses.

John