Re: [Amps] cooling tubes

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] cooling tubes
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 03:11:47 +0000 (GMT)
I cool a single 3CX800A7 in my modified MLA2500 with a
Papst fan which has the same dimensions as the
original, but considerably higher output and can work
against a higher back pressure. Works quite fine -
exhaust air temperature always stays within limits
even on prolonged key down. I could check the part
number if needed, but I expect most of the major fan
manufacturers have similar models. The down side is
that fan noise is rather more, but still not as much
as a normal blower.

73 Roger
VE3ZI