[Amps] Step Starting the 3CV1500A7

To: "'Paul Christensen'" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Step Starting the 3CV1500A7
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 07:53:15 -0600
I agree Paul,

I would feel more comfortable doing things in order too.  Its prolly all
those years as an airline pilot, grab the check list and....

Shack lights, antenna switch, rotor control, audio rack, 7800, blower,
filaments, grid bias, plate, screen grid, T/R supply.  Then sit there for a
few minutes watching for smoke or fire before closing the key.  Clunk
HUUUUMMM.

I suppose a big sequencer could be built.

But seriously, the tube isn't going to conduct until the heater comes up
anyway.  So why not just walk in the shack, hit one giant 100 AMP disconnect
and watch the whole world spin up in front of you?

You could say something catchy like "illuminate" or "You turn me on" and hit
the big switch. It would be like hitting the main switch on a Carnival
Carrousel.

With the way things are going in this world, a guy has just got to have some
level of entertainment.

BOB DD