Re: [Amps] Big Pink Russian Caps

To: David Goncalves <davegoncalves@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Big Pink Russian Caps
From: Dudley Hurry <jhurry@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:29:12 -0600
David,

I know that it has been a long time since you posted this
question,  but what can I say,  it takes me a long time to read my
email....HI  Hi

Any ways,  I have been using a 40uf at 5kv rated Russian cap for
about 4 years,  and it has worked extremely well with constant 4kv on
it..   No leaks, no runs, no errors..   When first building this
powersupply that cap took a hit of about 7.5kv without blowing up or
springing a leak..   And it is built very well,  much heavier metal
than some of the flimsy aluminum GE 33uf that I have used in the
past..  As a matter of fact it is about 1/4" larger than the 25uf cap
that ETO put in the original PA-77 amp.  I also think with a little
metal work, it might even fit,  but my memory is rusty..

It's a good buy for my money..

Hope this helps,
73,
Dudley