Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise - an alternate coolingscheme usin

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise - an alternate coolingscheme using the phase transition of liquid carbon dioxide
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:37:10 +0100 (CET)
If you order your liquid CO2 cylinder with a dip tube, you gte liquid CO2
without having to have the cylinder upside down.
As said, you need to watch the CO2 concentration. We used dip tube CO2
cylinders at work for cooling ICs in small thermal chambers, and started
finding that on occasion, we could start getting very dopy because the
concentration got too high. Working practices got changed immediately!
73
Peter G3RZP