Re: [Amps] Elecraft amplifiers

To: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Elecraft amplifiers
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:40:42 -0800
Bill Fuqua wrote:
> Seems to me that the following measurement is very difficult. I can
> think of a few digital ways to do and get the 1000 Hz resolution or
> better that you would need during a  SSB transmission but it is not simple.
>
> 73
> Bill wa4lav
>

> At 12:23 PM 3/1/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>> The new rule only requires us to block  the
>> range from about 26.001 MHz to 27.999 MHz, which allows us to include 12
>> and 10 M out of the box.

Hi Bill,

I didn't write the original -- I just quoted Eric Swartz's (Elecraft)
message.

However I agree with you.  I don't know how they do it with SSB.  And of
course, what do you do if you are Ameritron or someone and want to
market a simple amplifier without digital control circuitry?  It seems
to me that this rule will mean that "old-fashioned" (cheap) amplifiers
will not be marketable any more!
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco