Re: [Amps] FL-2100Z

To: py2xb@integral.com.br
Subject: Re: [Amps] FL-2100Z
From: VE6TI <ve6ti@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:40:37 -0700
Hello Fred
I have purchased and used 572B's in my 2100B from both Penta labs and
from RF parts.    Both sets worked well once I got the other problems
sorted out.  While the RF parts are marketed under the Taylor brand
they are almost certainly from the same manufacturer as used by
Penta.  The Taylor brand labeling washed off my tubes from a simple
cleaning with denatured alcohol so  I examined them closely and found
the construction between them and my Penta pair to be, at least from
my observation, identical.

 From my reading, and as can be seen on the RF parts website, the
Svetlana is not a plug and play for the old Cetron 572/TL160 as
supplied by Yaesu from the factory.   If you search on the 2100B and
2100Z you can find quite a bit of information on these old workhorses
and what it takes to keep them up and running.

73, and best of luck!
gordon VE6TI
On 8-Mar-07, at 3:47 PM, py2xb@integral.com.br wrote:

> Hello
> I have purchased a FL2100-Z and it is likely that I will need to
> replace
> the tubes (572Bs). RF parts carries Svetlana matched pairs and Taylor
> matched pairs. Which brand is the best fit for the amplifier ?
>
> I think RF Parts is a reliable source. Any other transmitting tube
> source ?
>
> Inputs are appreciated. Thnaks  Fred PY2XB

VE6TI
gordon Hungerford
ve6ti@telus.net