[Amps] HF splitting and combining

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HF splitting and combining
From: <rln_thndr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:26:58 +0000
Ok I have seen splitters and combiners in many amplifiers consisting of a
torrid wrapped about 7 times and a capacitor in the input.

I have not been ample to find any documentation/formula for this style of
combiner.  I have however seen alot on the wilkinson splitter/combiner.  Is the
first a version of the latter?

I thought maybe it was a lumped component version possibly.

I have also been seen an amplifier with the hybrid style transformer sold by
Comunication Concepts and described/designed by Helge Granberg in a few of his
motorola apps.  The only twist to these are that there is no step-up/step-down
transformer to get 50 Ohm.  Are they do you think they are uping the the
impedance ratio on the input and output transformers on the push-pull amplifier
sections?  An example of this would be the metron 1000B.

Any thoughts, opinions, reading material you can suggest?