Re: [Amps] OT: Help for senior ham

To: elh54@sbcglobal.net, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OT: Help for senior ham
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:15:59 EDT

Ed, everything needed for tower shields is available at your local Home
Depot store. A sheet of 1/2" plywood cut into three pieces and painted with a
good exterior house paint will last for years. A few conduit clamps from the
electrical Dept can be used to attach the pieces to the tower. The attachment
screws are there also and for longest life, they have them in stainless  steel.

We tried to inventory galvanized metal tower shields but finally gave up
when we were unable to ship them without damage. Even receiving them undamaged
from the manufacturer was seemingly impossible.

If metal is an absolute requirement, a local sheet metal shop (one that
makes air conditioning ducts) can fabricate a set of galvanized steel panels
for
a fraction of the cost from a tower manufacturer.

73,
Gerald Williamson
General Manager/Texas Towers

In a message dated 3/25/2007 12:57:27 A.M. Central Daylight Time,