[Amps] (no subject)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] (no subject)
From: "BILL LIEDTKE" <boodyman@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:56:00 -0700
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:10:01 EDT
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: [Amps] Sb-200 question
To: amps@contesting.com

Apparently diode part number 56-24 which is a 1N458 diode has gone south on
my Sb-200.  Was wondering if someone could tell me what this part  does.
What
can be subbed for it?  Or do I have to get the exact  diode?  Any help
appreciated.  Thanks 73  Lou

Lou,

Are you seriouis?  You must immediately dispose of this amplifier! Send it
to me and I will get rid of it for you. If you can diagnose that it's bad I
can't believe you don't know what it does. Seriously, there is no diode made
any longer that will work so best get rid of it now. Pack the tubes in a
seperate box and sent the whole mess to me along with the Dentron.