[Amps] EB104

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] EB104
From: "tjjapha@earthlink.net" <tjjapha@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 21:51:10 -0400
Amps experts:

Even after speaking with Roger at Communications Concepts, I can't
visualize the placement of the thermistor on or under the pc board (QST
6/06 600 watt solid state amp).  Can someone who has built this one
describe the thermistor placement?  By the way, I've completed the bias
circuit on the pc board and simulated the thermistor using both a 10k
resistor and a 2.4k resistor, and the bias voltage drops by just 0.2 volts
as the resistor is changed from 10k to 2.4k (as the thermistor will
change).  Will a drop of that amount be enough to cut output significantly
in the event of high temperatures?

Also, my power supply, using exactly the same XFMR as in the article, gives
57 vdc no load.  What are your experiences with the power supply and the
voltage under load?

Tnx and 73,
Tony, N2U