Re: [Amps] 2M 8877 Amplifier: No grid or plate current

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "W.F van Wyk" <zs6arf@telkomsa.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2M 8877 Amplifier: No grid or plate current
From: "RICHARD GEORGE" <k6kwq@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:49:51 -0700
  From: W.F van Wyk<mailto:zs6arf@telkomsa.net>
  To: amps@contesting.com<mailto:amps@contesting.com>
  Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:01 AM
  Subject: [Amps] 2M 8877 Amplifier: No grid or plate current

  Greetings,

  I am attempting to commission an 2 meter 8877 home built amplifier.

  As I did not do the construction I have to reverse engineer.

  The mechanical and electronic construction do look sound and according to
  the schematic I have with the amp.

  There is about 2,200 Volts on the anode and 4,7 Volts on the filaments.

  Problem is with or without drive I get to see not Grid or Plate current on
  the meter (which is functioning).

  Also I get to see the RF through but when I initiate the AMP the RF through
  decreases and no setting will get any response.

  Other than the tube being damaged what else can I look for to be the
  problem?

  Any tests I can do on the tube?

  73

  Wynand