[Amps] 3-500 Pins?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3-500 Pins?
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:51:12 -0700
As to the de-soldered pins .. RF Parts .. no pins to replace pitted ones...
anyone have a few spare 3-500 pins I could get for a good friend of mine
(WA6RTP) who is bothered by his pitted pins as result of his Hank 2K3 doing
a de-solder job .. ..  he not being computer guy .. glad to send SASE,
whatever --  the amp works, but .. he wants to make sure the pits don't
cause further problems. .. 73

Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX
AA6DX@ARRL.NET

.
> With the AL80 on line at
> about 350 Watts, in a matter of hours of operation, the
> filament pin of
> the
> final burned free at the solder joint and a 3-500Z
> doesn't work so well
> without filament voltage.

>> I noticed that the pin does not spring well against the
>> pin and adjusting it
>> does not net a real improvement in pin/socket connection.
>
> That could be a problem.

I have seen this problem myself. The problem is that once the pin and
the contact start getting hot, the spring loses its temper, which
increases the contact resistance, making the problem worse. Ultimately
the solder in the tube pin melts.