Re: [Amps] Tank circuit Q

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tank circuit Q
From: "Mike Saculla" <fqm@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:12:58 -0700
The tank coils of real big transmitters are often water cooled! When you
already have the water circuit to cool the tubes, it's not that much more
effort. I guess you would need some coiled water hoses as chokes, though!
:-)

**** I built an x-ray machine some years ago (at my job, not at home) and
had to use coiled plastic water hose as resistors to stand-off the HV of the
x-ray head fom the water inlets and outlets. Even using low conductivity
water, a certain "length" of water was needed as a stand-off.

I can imagine something similar used in high powered amps, but don't know
for sure what is necessary. Voltages in an x-ray source are generally much
higher than for vacuum tubes.

Mike WA6FQM