Re: [Amps] Smith Chart program

To: Jim Tonne <tonne@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Smith Chart program
From: jeff millar <wa1hco@wa1hco.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:08:10 -0400
Jim Tonne wrote:
> Gents:
>
> I am toying around with writing a Windows program
> for the Smith Chart.  I have two questions for the group:
>
> 1.   What would you like to see (or avoid) in such a routine?
> 2.   What program(s) do you currently use?

I use Lance (RFDude) Lascari's program under Windows and gsmc-1.1 under Linux

Suggestions
        - Use the same keystrokes as one of those two programs
        - Show Q circles and estimate network Q on the display
        - Show component values on the graph
        - Show impedance values with labels at end of arcs
        - Enable labeling components C1, L1, etc.
        - Support L, C, R, Line sections, etc
        - Enable specifying tube R and C as an endpoint
          (don't want to have to fake in or out C with a component.)

jeff, wa1hco