Re: [Amps] rfi

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] rfi
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 12:55:01 +0100
Folks,

Two examples I learned of recently:
The first, a fixed station, using his amplifier on 40 causes the
electric shower switches itself on automatically.
Second, a mobile running only 100W on 80/40, giving a good whistle
causes the cars electric mirrors to twitch like bunny ears!

A much older example involved the landing lights in the chap's house
getting brighter when he was DX'ing on 160 metres.  I think he must
have modified his Yaesu FL-2500 to ensure it complied with the UK's
then, 10 W max DC input, licence condition for the band ;-)

Regards.

Mark.

Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph@mjha.co.uk