[Amps] Henry 1000D

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 1000D
From: "Paul E. Cater" <paulcater@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:37:31 -0400
I have a Henry plasma amplifier I bought several years ago for a QRO
project. It is the 1000D and used an 8877 with a 100-watt, solid state
predriver and was on the 13.9 MHz. whatever common frequency they use
right below 20 meters. It’s all in a 44” standard cabinet with rollers.
It has the ECA-1171 800mA continuous 3Kv plus plate transformer,
resonate choke, and 500VA step down transformer. Bleeders, step start,
glo-plug, contactors, all still there. The filament transformer, filter
cap, and 8877 have been pulled along with the oscillator subsystem. The
output has a nice roller inductor and large air variable. I have it
broken down into smaller bits that can be carried easier. The heaviest
will be the cabinet that still contains the transformer and choke. It
will take at least two people to get it out of here up some stairs,
bring help I can’t do it. It is located in southeastern Ohio at the
intersection of I-70 & I-77. Included are many files of research, data,
component specs, and design ideas, Russian tube data, and the manual
from Henry that you can have as well. I just don’t have the time right
now to build anything out of it. Make an offer and the largest one can
come and get it.

Paul