Re: [Amps] Fwd: Weighing In On Solder Water Wash Flux

To: "STEVEN & NANCY FRAASCH" <sjfraasch@embarqmail.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: Weighing In On Solder Water Wash Flux
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:41:53 -0400
I worked in microwave R&D from 1997 to 2003 when I retired.from industry.
Never saw water flux at any of those companies.

I still have a little plastic bottle with a hollow SS tip that holds the
liquid flux. I use it to this day and wouldnt have any need to change what
works just fine. A spray bottle of rapid dry flux remover and a bit of
compressed air does a perfect cleanup, even at 75 Ghz.

I shudder to just think of using water wash on anything were it could get
into circuitry and be unable to wash it out. For a similar reason acid or
very aggressive alkaline dipping of antique car bodies is shunned by
knowledagble restorers. It is impossible to thoroughly clean and neutralize
the acid/alkaline.

Carl
KM1H