[Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages
From: "Paul Cassel" <paul@ve3sy.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:34:35 -0400
I operate an ALPHA 87A and as everyone is aware there is a 3 minute or so
filament warm-up cycle.

During the IARU test, my QTH was used by Yuri VE3DZ.  The area has been
having some electrical weekend grid work  and as a result of several
momentary power interruptions, <2 sec, he lost several good runs at QRO as a
result of being forced to wait for the 3 min recycling of the AMP timer.

Has anyone hacked the Alpha circuit that would sense the duration of
filament voltage loss and change the timer accordingly?  We were also
running an ACOM 2000A however if I recall the ACOM timer varies based on
measured tube temperature?

Thanks for your ideas?

Paul VE3SY
Yuri VE32DZ