Re: [Amps] Filament overwind on an EHT Toroidal

To: Glenn McNeil <vk4tzl@bigpond.net.au>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filament overwind on an EHT Toroidal
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:22:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Glenn,
  If you reallllly want to go for small & light you
might research using a Microwave Oven Switching
supply, with some additional C on the output, for the
plates.  Someone on this list was investigating that a
while back.

  A "regular" small switching supply will be fine for
the heaters.  A "soft start" for that application may
be seen here:

http://wc6w.50webs.com/wc6wamps/index.html?fr64.html

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W