Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps
From: "David G4FTC" <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:53:25 +0000

>From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
>To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>,
><g4ftc@hotmail.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
>Subject: Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps
>Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 00:33:00 -0400
>
> > Carl, I am going to give Ron some good advice and urge him
> > to get a patent
> > on this!!  I just bought a small metal bench lathe, such
> > an item can be  easily
> > fashioned on one of those.  Aluminum is pretty cheap.
>
>Patent what?

It wouldn't be patentable, not at least here in the UK. Here one of the
conditions for obtaining a patent is that details of the invention have not
been previously published before submission of the patent application.

The posting on this NG would be enough to either prevent the grant of a
patent, or certainly allow the patent to be challenged.

Moral of the story - keep your invention secret before you submit your
patent application.

David G4FTC