Re: [Amps] QRO or Command

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO or Command
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:16:39 -0400

> QRO had an ad on Ebay for a best offer on their HF-2500 with QSK and I
> gave
> him a best offer which was what Ameritron charges for their AL-1500 with
> QSK.Considering that QRO uses the much cheaper 4CX800 tubes I thought it
> was
> OK.He came back with a not so nice reply.Commander helped a newbie years
> and
> years ago with thier Commander II.What a wonderful man to deal with,I
> still
> remember!
>  Anyne have the new THP HL-2.5 yet?  Gregg  K9KL

I have it's little brother, the HL-1.5Kfx. I was leaning toward the 2.5, but
it doesn't have 6-meters and It would have been another three months from
when I purchased the 1.5. That and the 2.5 is twice the price for only 500
watts more.
OTOH I keep getting the urge to replace the old 76A with one and the auto
tuner, then reality sets in.

However if it works as well as the 1.5 it should be a great amp even at six
grand. The manuals do leave a bit to be desired, but they aren't bad.

I think they said a delivery date of some time between Sep and Nov, but they
didn't have any specific information back then.

73

Roger (K8RI)