[Amps] SB-200 Circuit Breakers

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-200 Circuit Breakers
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 21:40:45 -0700
Hi All

A few weeks back I posted about my SB-200 that kept tripping the front
breaker and had all sorts of good hints on what to check.

Tom, W8JI, hit the nail right on the head.  I should have noticed in the
schematic that on 110 volts, if 1 breaker tripped, the other one should
still be on and not kill the power.

I did a check and found that both primaries were fine, but I was only
getting continuity through 1 set of connections on the terminal strips where
the wires were soldered.  Someone had soldered one side of one of the
primaries and a bunch of the crap from the insulation flowed into the solder
joint and there was no connection to one side of the primary.  All the power
was running through one primary winding.  I unsoldered the joints,
resoldered them and all seemed good.

I just finished up the NA Sprint running 500 watts for 4 straight hours and
didn't trip either breaker.  Thanks for the help in getting the problem
solved.  73
Tom W7WHY