Re: [Amps] regulated screen supply

To: DEHAYS Dominique <dominique.dehays@enac.fr>
Subject: Re: [Amps] regulated screen supply
From: Einar Persson <sm3mxr@spray.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:22:18 +0200
Hi Dom
1kV on the screen i nothing to worry about if you have ~5kV on the plate.
I´ve been running my 2m QBL5-3500 amplifier like that the last 10 years
(with the same tube). I also have the screen supply unregulated with just
a big bleeder across the supply terminals.

But..... a good screen regulator is better if you run SSB.
Take a look at the AG6K web site:  http://www.somis.org/D-a-08.GIF
Screen supply: 2kV maximum - 0,1% regulation
Good enough I think.

73 // Einar // SM3MXR