Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 PI-EL modification for WARC bands

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 PI-EL modification for WARC bands
From: "Joe Dube" <jdube1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:00:35 -0400
The only person that I know who has a good mod for what you are talking
about is Dick Bryd.  His mod works. All the others don't.  I know because I
had a mod in my Alpha 76 that was supposed to work. I even used one
suggested by a fellow out in Texas I think it was. That was using a RF parts
plate choke instead of the Alpha choke. Guess what??  It detonated the plate
choke and cost me $30 for the Rf parts choke and anothe $40 for a new choke
wound by Alpha.  So be very careful about using any so-called mod for the
warc bands on alpha amps.  You can do some damage that you are not counting
on.

Joe K4TR