Re: [Amps] stability of amps

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] stability of amps
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:00:00 -0400
Peter, the 572B has the same basic form as the 811A which is rated to 54
MHz. Just because Cetron built an audio tube and simply said 30MHz sounds
like a good number doesnt mean its gospel.

The first SB-200 conversion I saw was in the early 70's when one was bought
to me after the owner tried some idiotic magazine article. This was pre
computer so I actually had to do some work to make it fly. The design
evolved from good to perfect as I bought several to experiment with.

I get 55% with good tubes. Output averages 700-750W  with 75-80W drive and
some are super "hot" like this last pair.

Unlike the FL-2100B which is probably more popular in the UK, the SB-200 is
very easy to tame on 6. I "discovered" the FL-2100 bogus neutralizing
circuit about 15-20 years ago and W8JI  has mentioned it recently as well.

Carl
KM1H