[Amps] FS: High voltage RF switches

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] FS: High voltage RF switches
From: Robert Groh <rgroh@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cleaning up the basement and ran across an assortment of high voltage high
current RF switches I used many years ago (early 70's) in some antenna coupler
design development. I put some pictures up on the web for people to take a look
at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/Ham_Parts

Don't remember who the manufacturer is or what the ratings are but I'm thinking
the voltage rating was in the 7 kV area and 5Arms or thereabouts. No name on
the switch itself. Contacts are about 1/4" in diameter and the moving rotor
contact is a pair of contacts with separately applied contacts. Pretty heavy
duty stuff.

The most interesting switch (I have 4 of this) is a single pole, 12 position
unit. It has a 1/4" aluminum shaft (or SS - non-magnetic in any case). No index
assembly. About 4" long.

The 2nd switch type is a rather odd double decker (I have 2 of these). Big
heavy star wheel indexing assembly, insulated 1/4" shaft. One deck has a rotor
with 3 wipers on it and 6 stator contacts. The other deck has a 3 wiper rotor,
no rotor contact and 5 stator contacts on a odd spacing.

Additionally I also have an odd lot of other parts - 2 heavy switches from(I
think) a BC-375 tuning unit, a very large insulated HV output for an antenna
coupler and an odd ball part from a HV switch of some sort.

If you think you might be interested, take a look at the pictures. If still
interested, contact me off-list.  Thanks for the bandwidth.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY