Re: [Amps] New SB-200 owner

To: "Roger Halstead" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New SB-200 owner
From: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:32:01 -0400
>> Ah yes, "out of a cracker jack box" ala W2OY...he  he
>> Brings back memories of the "good old days" <LOL>
>> Said in rythm..."CQ...CQ...CQ,   No lids, no kids, no space cadets... "
>> and
>> I've forgotten the rest of the mantra.

>From the website of AC6V (www.ac6v.com):   -Jim WB6BLD

SPACE CADETS - VERSION 2
If you didn't hear W2OY, you missed a one-of-a-kind. Actually, he said, "CQ
CQ CQ. No kids, no lids, no school bus riders or space cadets. No kings, no
queens, no jacks. This is the NO PHONETICS station, W2OY." I heard that hams
in his town got so worked up over his antics, that somebody sneaked into his
yard one night and drove a pin through his coax, but I have no way of
knowing whether this story is true. -- From Bill, NG3O