Re: [Amps] Super Cathode Circuit

To: g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Super Cathode Circuit
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:25:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I recall an article in Ham Radio many decades by Bill Orr, with a super cathode
circuit.  As I recall, a good portion of the drive was to the cathode and the
screen was connected down on the cathode choke.  I have never seen a complete
amplifier design, but as I recall there was some degeneration in the circuit.

The way I visualized the circuit, it would be very hard to make a bandswitching
amplifier.

Is this the same circuit that is being discussed?  Are there resources to learn
more and to see a schematic?

Colin  K7FM