[Amps] re resonating hv choke in hv power supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re resonating hv choke in hv power supply
From: "Fern Rivard" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:44:14 -0600

    Thanks to all those who steered me in the right direction to resonate the
choke in my hv ps for hb 8877 hf amplifier. I used my HP 200CD signal generator
and isolated it from the choke with a 30K resistor(initially I was only using a
200 ohm isolating resistor and it would not work at all)  and then had the
scope hooked across the choke. The hv choke is a hammond rated at 10 henries
and found that it resonated to 125 hz with 0.1535 mfd bridge across it while it
resonated to 100hz using a 0.2050 mfd capacitor across it. These are small caps
that I found in my junk box.
    Now, I'll be needing a high voltage oil filled cap of 0.20 mfd rated at 5
kv to take care of this. Does anyone have one of those or know of a good source
please? Shipping would be to zip 83826 in northern Idaho.
    Also wish to thanks Dan N5AR who was so kind to go the extra mile to steer
me in the right direction.

    Fern