Re: [Amps] HF amp output power dropping

To: "jordan moser" <henry8877amp@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HF amp output power dropping
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:27:59 -0400
I'm not sure how to respond to my first thread. Sorry if
this is a duplicate.  I have been trying to find the cause
of my amplifier's output power falling off. Last night I
checked it by transmitting a 400 watt CW signal into dummy
load. After 1 minute output dropped by about 50 watts. At
higher wattages the loss is more pronounced, at 600 watts it
may drop to 400 over a minute time. Now when I apply drive
the filament voltage INCREASES. It always used to decrease
under load.  That might be a clue, I don't know.
Thanks for all the help on this.>>

Jordon,

Maybe I'm missing something. I don't see anywhere what type
of amplifier you have.

Without knowing the type and a little more about it, any
answer could only be a very wild guess.

73 Tom