[Amps] Help with balun core please

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Help with balun core please
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:33:10 +0100
I wonder if anyone can identify a manufacturer or likely part number for me?

I have a two hole balun core, .5" x .5" x .25" It has green paint on one
of the flat faces. I'm fairly certain it's of US origin. I've seen other
cores the same size with red paint on them.

Does any one know who colour codes their cores this way? I know
Micrometals uses colour coding, but they don't appear to make balun
cores of this size.

Thanks,

Steve